The new Lunenburg Academy of Music Performance is inviting Bluenose Academy students, their parents and siblings to come experience live opera at a free dress rehearsal performance especially for families on Saturday, October 25. At 2:30 pm, students of the school’s Rossini Opera Academy will present the one-act romantic comedy L’inganno Felice (The Fortunate Deception) in concert form. LAMP artistic director Burt Wathen chose L’inganno for the family performance as it’s the lighter of the two operas that will be performed by LAMP students. Students and guest faculty will also be visiting Bluenose Academy as part of LAMP’s public outreach program. Don’t let pre-conceived notions keep you and your family from attending. As Wathen says, opera is for everyone! For more information, please contact LAMP’s office at 902-634-8667.
District of Lunenburg Recreation 541-1343
- St. John's Ambulance Babysitter Course (ages 11 - 14) - 9 am - 4 pm, October 18, MARC, Dayspring $30
- Two Willow Baskets for Beginners - 10 am - 4 pm, October 18 & 19, Lunenburg Co. Winery, Newburne $55 (includes materials)
- Dynamite Trail Hike - 2 pm, October 19 Meet at Station Rd., Martin's River Fire Hall FREE!
- Family Pumpkin Party (MARC) - 3 - 5 pm, October 19 Wear orange! Donations for PRO Kids welcome! FREE! MARC, Dayspring
- Family Pumpkin Party (Pd/Md) - 2 - 4 pm, October 25 Wear orange! Donations for PRO Kids welcome! FREE! Parkdale/Maplewood 4H Bldg
- Food Handlers Course - 6 - 9 pm, October 22 & 23 MARC, Dayspring $30
- Zumba at the MARC (session 2) - 5:15 - 6:15 pm, starts November 3/6 wks and/or 5:15 - 6:15 pm, starts November 6/6 wks, MARC, Dayspring $45
Visit www.modl.ca<http://www.modl.ca/> to register online or email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or call 541-1343.
"Like" us on Facebook!
Looking for something fun to do when you aren’t in school? Why not sign up for the PD Daycamp at LCLC; we’ll be doing a whole whack of activities such as sports, arts and crafts, skating and swimming!! We have a daycamp scheduled for the October 24th and November 28th School PD Days. Registration, by phone (902.530.4100) or online (lclc.ca). Spaces are filling up fast so don’t delay!